One of our favourite recipes from the Stress Free Canapés class is this tasty and very quick fish bite. Beautiful with a garnish of twisted radish, a sprinkle of black sesame seeds and some Nasturtium Flowers or baby Nasturtium leaves.
Get ahead and make the salt cod mix up to 2 days before hand, the assembled canapé can be made up to an hour before you need them.
- 150g piece cod
- 2 tbsp salt
- Tiny clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml olive oil
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Bag of radishes
- 20 crostini bases (ready-made or see below)
- Put the cod in a plastic box and sprinkle with 2 tbsp salt. Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse the fish well to remove all the salt. Poach in a large pan of simmering water, until it flakes. Remove the skin and bones.
- In a small food processor, whizz the cod with the garlic. Add the breadcrumbs a few at a time, adding more to thicken the consistency, whizz again, and then trickle in the oil with the motor running, to make a soft textured paste.
- Pipe on to crostini for a perfect finish and garnish to taste or form mini quenelles of salt cod on top of a radish base for something a bit different.
Recipe adjusted from Xanthe Clay.