Saturday 7th February 2015 10.30am-4.00pm
This is a course for the absolute beginner. We want people who really don’t know how to boil an egg!
As students can struggle with basics and budgets, this class will give you some tips on how to survive and even impress your friends and flat mates.
We will show you some basics that will get you started and can adapt for several kinds of meals and how one dish can be used in many different ways.
We will show you the following:
- A simple Italian tomato sauce that is delicious and can be used as a basis for a pasta sauce, pizza and stews
- How to cook vegetables to accompany meats
- Different ways with eggs (yes including boiling!)
- We will make a lunch of a Cottage Pie (and how the mince that can be used for a ragu (Spag Bol) (we can do a vegetarian alternative too)
- with a vegetable accompaniment and how to make the perfect gravy.
We assume no knowledge, we will discuss shopping for convenience and budget and how to impress your friends with your new found kitchen confidence.
Date(s) - 07/02/2015
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.